Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

Cross Country

After weeks of training, this is the day I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been trying to lose a lot of weight so that on the day of the cross country I could have a chance to be 1st 2nd or 3rd place.

Straight after lunch on the 13th of August when the bell rang we all rushed to the lineup area so that we could get straight into the cross country races.

Finally everyone went quiet and listened to the teacher. Everyone was excited and a bit nervous as well. We went to the courts and were put into our age groups. I was in the nine year olds group and I was in the front of the line.

Later the teachers sorted out the juniors and came back to us so we could get started. They started from the 12 year olds and made their way down from ages. It took awhile for them to sort out the senior students, and it was quite boring to wait for them. Finally they got to us and we followed Miss G to the start line. Suddenly Miss G hit the blocks loudly and it gave me a fright. When I looked in beside me everyone was heading off down to the street so I ran as fast as I could to try beat the students in front of me.

Later, I found myself in the third place just behind Stephanie so I ran straight up the hill and then I was in the lead. Suddenly I looked behind me and I saw my dad in the taxi watching me with a strange look on his face, he looked like he was just going to yell and cheer for me. I stopped and waved to him but I should of not done that because everyone was running past me and I thought that waving to my dad was a distraction.

Later I was halfway past the street and I saw some St Mary’s College students waving the orange flag and cheering loudly. After a while I caught up to some of the Room 7 students when I was turning around the second to last corner of the race. Suddenly I felt a really bad stitch all over me and I started to get dizzy, really hot and weak. When I was just running to the last corner I suddenly and no one even noticed me and so I was left alone all by myself. After a few seconds I got up and started to jog the rest of the way. Finally I passed the last corner and ran as fast as I could to beat Ma’ata but she was still in front of me.

Finally I was at school and I was just running up the driveway when I saw Stephanie going to check in so I  tried to catch up to her. Ma’ata stopped and went to her car and I ran the whole way to get checked in to become second place. Miss G said to Ma’ata “Ma’ata, Rosalina just beat you because you went to your car”.

I was at the end of the race and I was proud of myself to take a place in 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the Cross Country, but I was also exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.